The Certificate of Graduate Studies in Health Care Administration and Management is designed to meet the educational and career-related needs of individuals who are currently employed in the health care industry or a related field.
To earn this certificate, students should complete four courses (12 credits) from the programme’s core curriculum. Specific courses are selected with approval from the programme director at Salve Regina University.
Starting September 2017. Registration closes July 31, 2017
The Certificate of Graduate Studies in health care administration and management is designed especially for healthcare practitioners in urban and rural communities. The programme responds to the growing demand for more efficient and cutting-edge management and delivery of healthcare services.
- To prepare students for leadership positions in health care management by assisting them in the development of skills required by their professions
- To ensure that students understand the systems aspect of health care and have technical and functional knowledge of the health care environment
- To prepare students to address ethical issues and to become advocates of special populations
- To enable students to acquire and/or develop the managerial skills needed for health care administration
Salve Regina University makes the final determination regarding acceptance of students. All applicants should:
- Possess an undergraduate degree from a recognized/ accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative GPA (minimum 3.0)
- Provide a personal statement that demonstrates solid writing skills and motivation for graduate studies.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation that support the ability to engage in graduate studies.
CERTIFICATE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
The Certificate of Graduate Studies is designed for students with bachelor’s or master’s degrees from accredited institutions in areas related to the field of study. Twelve to 15 credits are required for the certificate, and coursework must be approved by the program director.
Should a student desire to continue beyond the certificate by entering the master’s program, he or she should contact the Catholic College of Mandeville. If the student is accepted, the required courses already completed will be applied to the master’s degree consistent with University policy.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications are open now
Submit the following:
- Completed online application. Available at CCM
- Pay Non-refundable Application Fee (25US$) at any BNS Branch
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation
Application materials should be sent to:
Catholic College of Mandeville
Attn: Online Programmes
Jamaica, West Indies
Tuition fees are payable in US dollars.
Total cost: 5, 217.23US$
Fees may be paid at any branch of Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) or via Credit Card at the College.
Bank vouchers can be made available online
N.B. Cash is not collected at the College